Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Mabel Story

My journey in the world of dog rescue began on June 30th 2008 at 5.48 pm when a friend posted a link to a petfinder page entitled "Saddest ever" on a dog-related forum that I frequent.

The images that I saw broke my heart. An emaciated, injured, dejected "pit bull" scheduled to be euthanised on July 2nd. I decided that now was my time to step forward. If I could help it there was no way that poor dog was going to die in that place, never having known love.

I emailed Bridgid, the wonderful woman who owns the daycare that my dogs go to, and asked her if there was anything that the rescue that she was affiliated with could do to help. I said that I would pay Saddest ever's medical bills if Lakeshore Animal Shelter would agree to pull her. She immediately agreed and we began the race to get the dog out before she was killed.


Here are Mabel's petfinder photos from Savannah/Chatam Animal Control.







No comments: